Phase Three Re-Opening For New York State
Large areas of New York State have begun entering Phase Three of re-opening. Phase Three includes the following types of businesses:
- Food services
- Personal Care
While each business sector has specially-tailored guidance, there are some universal themes applicable to all. Important uniform guidelines are as follows:
1. Employee and customer capacity in the place of businesses should be at 50% of normal capacity.
2. Ensure 6-foot distances between employees and customers at all times. Tables/workstations should be moved to ensure this distance. This applies to both indoor and outdoor stations.
3. All registers/check-in counters should have 6 feet between the employee and customers UNLESS there is a physical barrier (such as Plexiglas) between them.
4. Any waiting room areas must be closed.
5. Employees and customers must wear proper PPE.
6. Limit the sharing of objects.
7. Ensure regular cleaning of work stations and enhanced disinfection of those who clean those work stations.
You can get the entire business-specific guidance for Phase Three HERE.